I'm Robin & I'm obsessed with making all natural, healthy & beautiful handcrafted
Skin issues are why I became interested in handcrafted
soaps. My husband was having terrible problems with his sensitive,
diabetic skin. Commercial soaps were drying and made our skin itch,
especially in the winter months. We were in need of something better.
Research was an incredible eye opener. Just the fact that I couldn't
pronounce most of the ingredients listed on commercial soaps was a huge red flag. I learned about the harsh
detergents, synthetic derivatives, preservatives & other toxic
ingredients including pesticides. PESTICIDES???
Yes, Triclosan is a
pesticide the soap industry uses in soaps and body care products to kill bacteria. Are you aware that your skin absorbs 60% of what you put on it?
That's a scary thought! No wonder our skin itched or would break out in
There had to be a better, HEALTHIER alternative. Even if you could
find the pure and
natural products, they were so very expensive. Could I
possibly create them myself?
My husband's grandmother used to
make the "Old Fashioned Homemade Lye Soap." He talked of how soothing
her soap was to his skin. After much research & prayer, I took the leap of faith and made my first batch of
cold process soap. I nailed it and have been hooked since.
I found it amazing that a simple pot of oils
could be transformed into beautiful soap.
I began to experiment with additional oils,
butters, activated charcoal & other additives, learning the benefits obtained from each one
until I was
happy with my soap formula.
I gave soaps to my family
and friends. The response was awesome & they began to ask for more!
My family and friends are happy to try new products. They continue to support
& encourage my business, "Robin's Nest Handcrafted Soaps."
Soaps make fabulous gifts for men & women alike without breaking the
bank! Check them out! What have you got to lose, besides
healthier, younger looking skin? Your skin will love you for it!
Random stuff about me
- I am a native/current resident of Arkansas and "city girl turned
- I have been married to my husband, Roger for 23 years. Between us, we have 5 handsome sons.
- I am "YaYa" & "GaGa" to 9 beautiful grand children.
- Hobbies: Cooking & canning, landscape design, gardening,
floral design, entertaining, interior decor, cake/cupcake decor,
convertibles, m/c's and most anything crafty.
- Favorite Pastime: spending time with my grandchildren & family, my
"Sistas"' & friends.
- Pets: Black Mouth Cur named "Duke," Belgian Malinois named
"Augustus," a Pit Bull named "Cooter Brown" & our beautiful backyard birds.
- Favorite quotes:
- "Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of
- "Everyone deserves to be greeted with a smile."
- "Treat everyone in the manner that you would like to be treated."
- "Work hard, Love hard & Play hard."
- "Keep Your Love On!" Danny Silk